Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Yoga!

Hey guys!

Happy Tuesday!

I tried something new last week. Yoga. I made a new years resolution last year to try yoga, but sadly I was two months late to that party. I decided that I needed to try it since I have been thinking about it for quite some time. I didn't know at all what to expect, but I trotted over to the YMCA anyways!



I was the first one into the class because apparently no one gets there early. That was more than fine with me because I was both able to meet the instructor beforehand so she knew that I had never practiced before and was able to pick a spot in the studio that I felt comfortable in. I was nervous but at the same time so excited! 


I was actually surprised at how challenging it was even though this was just a basic class. Holding those poses is much harder than it looks from the outside so I give props to people who do this all the time! I had no idea. 

By the end of the class I was both relaxed and sweaty (mind you this wasn't even a hot yoga class). It was extremely enjoyable and I will be back in the near future for sure! 

Do any of you guys practice yoga? What did you think of it the first time you took a class? 

<3 


2 comments:

  1. Did you hit the new Y on Granby? They have some great classes & instructors.

    I tend to do more of the relaxation classes. The first time I did a breathe/restore class at Breathe yoga I almost died from happiness/total relaxation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Cath!

      I actually went to one in VB! I am often in Norfolk though, so I think I will check out the one on Granby! If I'm not mistaken you are allowed to go to all the area ones right?

      The class I took was not relaxation, but that sounds like something I would be interested in! The class I took was quite challenging, and I would really prefer something a little more relaxed!

      I'd love to attend a class with you sometime if you are interested! <3 Let me know!

      Delete