Saturday, February 1, 2014

Take It Slow

Hey guys and happy Saturday! 

This week has been a strange one. I had 3 days off in a row due to the massive snow storm we had that I mentioned in my previous post. Being in a house with my husband for 3 days straight was wearing on me both of us, and things were starting to get a little tense. 

In comes the best husband ever! 

This man ran me a wonderful bath complete with candles, music, wine and bubbles!  


This was exactly what I needed. Sometimes I get so caught up in the roles that I play in my life (wife, dog mom, best friend, co-worker) I forget to take some time for myself and just relax. Is it just me or does this happen to you guys too? 

This night was capped off with bringing those candles into my bedroom and watching crappy television for the rest of the night (hello The Hills marathon!) with a cup of tea! 

I have to remind myself to do this more often. I feel like I can function at my best when I have taken some time to myself to really unwind and take care of myself. I think everyone around me can agree that this has made me feel better and I'm in a much better mood! 

What do you guys do to relax and reset yourself? 

<3


2 comments:

  1. This definitely happens to me, I find it hard in general to relax and just be present in the moment. I'm constantly making lists in my head of stuff I need to do the second I get up. Occasionally I have relaxing baths, but then I'm constantly checking things on my phone. I save one night of the week to just sit and watch pointless tv shows (or a movie) that I don't need to think about, and I don't have my phone near me to distract me, and just zone out. I do find myself happiest when I'm crossing things off my to-do list though!

    Lauren
    http://tasteslikelove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! I am one of those people that gets great pleasure out of getting things done, but sometimes I have to remember that taking a moment truly is good for the soul! <3

      Delete